What is an Ice Dam….An ice dam is a problem of house and building maintenance on sloping roofs in cold climates. Ice dams on roofs form when accumulated snow on a sloping roof melts and flows down the roof, under the insulating blanket of snow, until it reaches below freezing temperature air, typically at the eaves. When the meltwater reaches the freezing air, ice accumulates, forming a dam, and snow that melts later cannot drain properly through the dam. Ice dams may result in leaks through the roofing material, possibly resulting in damaged ceilings, walls, roof structure and insulation, damage or injury when the ice dam falls off or from attempts to remove ice dams.
When we experience intense winter weather conditions here in Westchester County, without a doubt your home will have a buildup of snow and ice. Icicles covering your roof may be beautiful to look at, however, their effect on your home is anything but. If left untouched, they can cause serious damage to the structure of your Westchester roof in particular as well as your home as a whole and an Ice Dam occurs.. Ice dams (caused by the refreezing of melted snow or water sliding down and freezing on the edge of the roof) can cause infinite damage to a property. The roofs, gutters, and home’s structure will be exposed to potential damage. Excess water that is unable to drain may even make its way into your home. This causes damage to the dry wall, may potentially lead to rotten support beams and mold problems, and Ice Dam occurs.
Quality Ice Dam & Icicle Removal Services in Westchester
Exact Fit Exteriors has been offering ice dam and icicle removal services in Westchester County NY since 2005. We have the appropriate expertise to counter any and all hardships which may occur during our removal of the ice dams and icicles from your home. The methods for ice dam removal and icicle removal are continuously evolving. Since we are experts in our field; we have the tools and resources to remove icicle and ice dams from your roof in a flash. We offer Ice Dam removal service that will completely alleviate your home from the icicles, remove the ice dams and unblock gutter pathways to allow safe draining of water. It is also important to remember that each roof has its own unique structure. Similarly, the material being used in the construction of the roof also varies from roof to roof. So it is not possible to use one method of ice dam removal or icicle removal for every type of roof. Only the experts like us have the complete know-how on which Ice Dam Removal method should be used on a specific roof.
Ice Dam Warning
If you see an ice dam or icicle show up on your Westchester County roof, do not attempt to remove them yourself as it can be extremely dangerous and risky for an untrained professional. If not removed properly, An Ice Dam may even cause further damage to your roof. It is highly suggested that you contact trained Ice Dam Removal service professionals with the proper equipment and roofing experience to carry out this job. When it comes to ice dam removal and icicle removal services in Westchester, there is no better option than Exact Fit Exterior.
Contact us now for ice dam & Icicle Removal in Westchester
Because of the damage done by snow, it is important that you seek ice dam removal services in Westchester County, NY and contact Exact Fit Exteriors. Here are some of the reason why Exact Fit Exteriors should be your first and only choice for snow removal, ice dam removal and icicle removal from your roof,
- As mentioned earlier, ice dam removal and icicle removal can be dangerous. All the team members at Exact Fit Exteriors are well trained to face and handle any challenges which they may come across during ice dam removal or icicle removal.
- We’ve obtained the latest tools to carry out the job of ice dam removal and icicle removal in the most efficient way possible
- Exact Fit Exteriors always takes a personal interest in your project, due to which we always exercise extreme care, decency and kindness during the completion of an ice dam removal and icicle removal project
- Misfortunes can occur at any time. This is the reason our professionals are provided all of the necessary safety tools, which utilize during every ice dam removal and icicle removal project.
- In the worst of cases, if any injury occurs to any of our team member during the completion of a project, Exact Fit Exteriors ensures Liability & Workers Compensation Insurance is guaranteed for every ice dam removal and icicle removal services in Westchester County NY.
Contact us at 914.774.6334 for more information on how we can help prevent ice dam damage to your home in Westchester County. We are available 24/7 to take your Ice Dam Removal service calls.